Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Labs drawn tomorrow..yuck :/

Tomorrow I have to take my gestational diabetes test and have my labs drawn again :(  I am so afraid of needles.  It isn't associated with pain, they don't hurt.  In fact, I don't even really notice they are doing them when my eyes are so clenched shut.  It is because of a bad memory of my brother screaming while getting his blood drawn.  He was around 5 and they couldn't find his vein and I could hear him screaming from the lobby of our little tiny hospital.  Poor kid.  Anyways, it has had a lasting effect on me and I am terrified of them.  Trouble is, when you are pregnant I think they take every chance they can get to poke you with one.  Need your blood, think you should have this shot...I don't know how many they put in you when you are in labor, but I am NOT adding to it by getting an epidural.  That needle looks more like a straw!! NO WAY!! Not for me.  Ha.  Well, on Friday I have my doctors appointment and we get to hear little one's heartbeat again and see if he/she is growing right!  I look forward to seeing the doctor, which is weird.  Most people hate it, but I love the reassurance that our baby is doing just fine.  I am such a worry wart.  I am sure this will all go well!
So this is 27 weeks and 1 day of me.  Can't wait til the baby is out.  I am so short that the baby has nowhere to go but out.  I don't know how it will fit until 40 weeks, but they tell me it will. 

1 comment: